Thursday 27 March 2008

SEOContest2008

As part of my efforts to get RSS Orange, up and known in the wide world, I came across a SEO contest run by a UK webmaster. The webmaster is offering a prize of $1000 to the website listed at the top spot on Google for the search term: SEOContest2008. As part of the minimal rules, the participants aren't to "play dirty" with any black hat seo, just some good ol' page optimisation.

Having only jumped in on it a week or so ago and with a closing date of the end of March, I am doubtful I can get any purchase on the rankings. That said, I have created a subdomain (http://seocontest2008.rssorange.com) and put up a page following a few fundamental white hat seo "tricks".

As yet no cached version but Google does know about it. After refining my searching to "SEOContest2008.rssorange", I found reference to the site from a back link. The back link being a result of having a displaypagerank.com button on the page.

Wonder if this page will get picked up...

No comments: